This policy applies to information we hold about you. In this policy, ‘we’, ‘us’, and ‘our’ mean BM Stafford & Sons LTD, registered number 6077804, registered office Milburn House, Hetton Lyons Industrial Estate, Hetton le Hole, DH5 0RH. ‘You’ means the person the information relates to.
This policy applies to information held about customers and possible future customers, suppliers and possible future suppliers, contacts and all other people we hold information about. By ‘information’ we mean personal and financial information about you that we collect, use, share and store.
We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymised or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific natural person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
How we collect information about you
We collect, use, share and store information about you to provide you with the services that you have requested from us.
How we use your information
We use this information:
- to provide our services to you;
- for security and to check your identity;
- for training;
- to communicate with you;
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
- where we have a legitimate interest in doing so, such as the protection of our business interests or the prevention of fraud.
How long we keep your personal information
- We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our policies.
Sharing your information with others
We’ll keep your information confidential but we may share it in certain circumstances, for the purposes set out in this policy, with:
- any company we are providing services with or whose name or logo appears on our products;
- our service providers and agents, including their subcontractors;
- anyone we transfer or may transfer our rights, duties, debts or assets to;
- credit reference agencies.
The people and organisations listed above will also have to keep it secure and confidential.
Credit Reference Agencies and Fraud Prevention Agencies
We will supply your personal information to credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies and they will give us information about you, such as about your financial history. We do this to assess creditworthiness and product suitability, check your identity, manage your account, trace and recover debts and prevent criminal activity. These agencies may in turn share your personal information with other organisations.
You have rights relating to the way that we use your information, and can make certain choices. For example, you can:
- inform us of a correction to your personal data;
- ask us to send you (or someone you nominate) a copy of the information we hold about you;
- ask us to stop using your information in certain circumstances.
To use any of the rights set out above, or to discuss any other issue relating to your information, please contact us via the methods set out in the ‘Contact us’ section.
If you have any concerns about the way we use your information, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates the use of personal information in the UK, by calling 0303 123 1113 or via www.ico.org.uk/concerns/.
You can contact us at BM Stafford & Sons LTD, Milburn House, Hetton Lyons Industrial Estate, Hetton le Hole, DH5 0RH or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remember that any messages you send over the internet aren’t secure unless they are encrypted. We’re not responsible for unauthorised access by a third party or the corruption of any information sent to us.
So for your own security, please don’t send us any personal or account information by standard email.